Translate This Page
Réza Ganjavi's Résumé (Program / Project Management, Management Consultiong, Business Analysis, Solution Architecture, Software Engineering)
[UPDATE JANUARY 2020]
Ray Ganjavi · MBA, BSCS, BA Phil, Magna Cum Laude · Phi Kappa Phi
Senior Program/Project Manager
- Excellent track record of delivering diverse programs and projects from A to Z. Outstanding knack for on-time, on-budget delivery in top quality and utmost customer satisfaction. Managed programs/projects with budgets up to $40m, with global teams of up to 80 persons, in highly complex, multi-disciplinary, globally transformative, regulatory environments.
- End-to-end program/project experience. Governance, plan, forecast, budget, scope, schedule, track/report, quality control/test/review-boards, support/operating models, steering committees, audit, legal, compliance, regulatory-affairs, change management, communications, training.
- Extensive experience in vendor relationship management, RFI/RFP, contract negotiations, outsourcing.
- Extensive experience in regulatory environments (pharma, banking), IT Security, document/content management, ERP, etc.
- Solid customer facing experience and global senior stakeholder relationship management (incl. C-level).
- Well versed in all leading methodologies including Agile/Scrum.
Solid Analytic, Business, Technical Foundation (Business Analyst, Solution Architect, Software Engineer)
- Insightful business analyst, BA team leader, requirements engineer, systems analyst, with strong analytical, synthesizing, conceptual mindset. Business needs-focused approach to provide successful technological and/or business-process solutions which ensure successful adoption.
- Experienced solution architect: translating requirements into solution vision and system specifications.
- Extensive experience as a software engineer, programmer/analyst. Reputed in early career as a hotshot programmer.
Excellent Soft Skills
- Superior communication skills / pro-quality writing skills. Excellent relationship building skills. Analytic, insightful, problem dissolver. Effective skills in negotiation, persuasion/influencing, facilitation, coaching, teaching, conflict resolution.
- Outstanding leadership skills and building effective, motivated, high-performant teams in a spirit of trust, cooperation, transparency, open communications, hard work, friendship and fun.
- Strategic, big-picture vision with attention to critical details. Very customer oriented. Flexible & personable. Independent, patient, diplomatic, pragmatic, innovative, persistent, winsome, discreet. Results oriented. Effective in multi-cultural settings; travelled in 75 countries. Enthusiastic, "can-do" attitude.
- Master of Business Administration (MBA), GPA: 91%, University of California Irvine (UCI). Dean’s Honors.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, GPA: 95% Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy, GPA: 99% · Magna Cum Laude (high honors). California State University (CSUDH). Dean's Honors.
- Honorary Member: Phi Kappa Phi National Collegiate Honor Society (Let the love of learning rule humanity) & Alpha Gamma Sigma California Community College Scholastic Honor Society (Virtuous Character, Knowledge, Good Judgment)
- Law: Studied internet/cyberlaw, eDiscovery, intellectual properties, securities, corporate, penal, torts.
- Credit Suisse – Technical Security Services (Senior Program Manager, Project Manager)
- Program Manager, Data Protection & Compliance. Turned around distressed multimillion-dollar large security program to successful on-time, on-budget delivery including multiple FINMA regulatory audit points. Scope: data leakage control / data loss prevention; restricting cross-border access to CID; PKI automation and strengthening; data classification; infrastructure security compliance and efficiency. Also performed solution architecture, analysis.
- Project Manager, Identity & Access Management (IAM). Managed two external access management projects (legacy/Waterfall and Agile/Scrum). Managed “Improved Database Transferee Controls (SOX / HRIT) project (Sashimi Waterfall). Managed global teams in five time zones.
- Global Cyber Security Taskforce Manager. Managed large regulatory-driven global taskforce to mitigate and reduce attack surface of Meltdown and Spectre vulnerabilities. Streams included remediation of end-user systems, hosting estate, appliances; exception processes; end-of-life (EoL) systems; compensating controls; communications (Regulators, C-level executives, vendors, clients), business continuity / emergency response.
- Successfully managed relationships with cross-functional, senior global stakeholder and vendors.
- UBS -- Group IT Security Engineering (Project Manager, Lead Business Analyst)
- Project Manager / Lead BA for a strategic secure external communication solution driven by Security Engineering. Successful senior stakeholder relationship management across all major Divisions, i.e., Wealth Management, Asset Management, Investment Banking, Corporate Centre, Personal & Corporate Banking, WM Americas. Obtained agreement on one set of requirements, despite sometimes clashing demands. Upon joining, transformed distressed relationships with key, demanding stakeholders, and various vendors.
- Engaged in design activities, e.g., authentication and delivery methods, technical risk assessment, key management, integration into existing ecosystem, single sign-on, identity management, authentication, federation, e-banking, output management, cross-border/regulatory/legal/compliance.
- Managed vendor relationships, RFI/RFP due diligence, PoC coordination, on-prem vs. SaaS/Cloud-based research.
- Led team of BAs in gathering and translation of requirements into solution vision and system specs.
- Credit Suisse – Corporate Services Technology (Program / Project Manager, HRIT, SOX Compliance)
- Successfully managed a high-profile global transformation project consisting over 80 persons in 10 locations, 5 time-zones, to transform the global IT provisioning process, improve controls, streamline and automate access management and HR processes, implement organizational change management. Successfully deployed to around 10,000 users.
- Solved a long-term problem by improving performance from 72 hours down to 7 minutes (near-real-time) resulting in major efficiency gain which yielded numerous complements from the Group CIO and other senior executives; the project was featured as a major success in the bank’s internal newsletter.
- Successfully managed a Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) regulatory audit project.
- Managed a business continuity taskforce which successfully fulfilled urgent contingency planning requests.
- Credit Suisse – Corporate Real Estate Services Technology (Project Manager). Managed an integration/implementation project as a critical deliverable for the new iDesktop, rolled out to tens of thousands of internal users. Utilized Garaio’s Meeting Room Management System integrated with voice and video conferencing. Managed offshore Quality Assurance Liaised with Legal & Compliance on multi-national, cross-border compliance laws. Vendor relationship management.
- Zurich Insurance Group / Financial Services (Project Manager, DMS/ECM Infrastructure Services). Managed several highly complex, long-term infrastructure & integration projects. Responsible for planning, executing, development, testing, operational readiness (OR), monitoring, data analytics, change control (CRB), management reporting, vendor relationship management, service level agreements (SLA), operating models. Managed a large pool of internal and external resources. Achieved a high-degree of customer satisfaction by delivering projects on time, within budget.
- Credit Suisse – Private Banking (Senior Project Manager, Business Analyst)
- Led effort to evaluate and establish a new Document Management/ECM standard for branch offices.
- Managed application development by team of local and offshore resources.
- Analyzed Wealth Management and Legal & Compliance requirements. Topics included client reporting, portfolio management, financial crime compliance (transaction monitoring, fraud, client screening), know your customer (KYC), anti-money laundering (AML), cross-border regulations.
- Vendor relationship management. Negotiated a contract with IBM which saved the bank over $100k.
- Managed schedules and budget; stakeholder relationships, senior-level politics, risk analysis, training, organizational change management (OCM), service level agreements (SLA), operating models; technical and architectural input.
- International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) / Roche (Senior Program Manager). Extreme Project Management (XPM) and agile analysis. Learning Management System (LMS) solution for cancer care.
- Standard Chartered Bank (PM, BA, Account Manager). Consulting in client relations, asset management, advisory services, credit risk, lending operations. Engaged in architecture, business process reengineering/management (BPR/BPM) modeling, vendor management, pricing/negotiation. Turned around a distressed client into a successful happy account. Filenet
- ABN AMRO (Senior Consultant, BA). Consulting in international transfers and trade finance, records information management (RIM), domestic transfers, SWIFT, credit risk, treasury backoffice, custody, cash management, multi-currency accounting, forex processing. Recommended business and technical solutions to streamline and improve processes. Filenet.
- United Nations / World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) (Management Consultant, PM, Lead BA). Managed analysis, design, development, testing, and infrastructure streams of a $40M patent process automation ECM project.
- Citigroup (Project Manager). Managed development of an Equity Research & Trading CRM solution. Also performed business analysis, and senior stakeholder management in both IT and Business. Documentum DMS.
- Lazard Asset Management (Project Manager, Business Analyst). Managed the development of bank’s first web-based, customer facing, financial content management and information distribution system. Transitioned development from local to off-shore. Transformed the account into a happy customer. Documentum DMS.
- Pictet & Cie. Banquiers (Senior Consultant). Document management consulting for one of the largest Swiss private banks.
- National Bank of Liechtenstein (LLB) (Senior Consultant). Reengineered client reporting algorithms which improved performance by sixty times (from 30min to 30sec). Facilitated a million dollar sale (Filenet platform).
- Nestlé (Management Consultant, Project Manager) for Nestec’s global ECM initiative. Partnered with McKinsey to advise senior management. Oversaw implementation team (PWC). Engaged in analysis, design, architecture, change management, taxonomy, migration, communications, training, user-support.
- Sasol Petrochemicals (Project Manager, Business Analyst, Solution Architect). Successfully turned around a distressed DMS project upon taking over as a PM, BA, SA, developer. Overhauled the existing architecture, facilitated communications with customer and management, boosted team morale. Successfully delivered to customer’s full satisfaction.
- Sanlam (South African National Life Assurance) (Senior Consultant). Object Oriented design and development of insurance underwriting content management / workflow pilot that led to a 1200 seat sale. Filenet ECM.
- Sunrise Telecom (Project Manager, Senior Consultant). Pre-sales to implementation, signoff.
- Xerox Global Services, EMEA (PM, Senior Consultant). Project management, analysis, BPR/BPM consulting, solution architecture, alliance management, pre-sales consulting, feasibility studies, RFI/RFP, market research, competitive analysis.
- Novartis / Sandoz – Provided consulting on a Filenet based Enterprise Content Management solution (imaging & workflow).
- Italian Ministry of Finance – Document management consulting.
- ING Baring – ECM, SAP ERP integration, Electronic Document & Records Management (EDRM) consulting.
- Nationale Nederlanden – Insurance underwriting imaging, workflow consulting.
- UBS – Pre-sales analysis, customer presentations, etc. which facilitated sale of Filenet solution.
- Swiss Federal Information Bureau(Bundesamt für Informatik und Telekommunikation) – Document Management systems.
- Helvetia Insurance – Provided consulting on storage & retrieval and record management systems.
- Thurgauer Kantonalbank (TKB) – Consulting on storage and retrieval solutions.
- Brine/Filenet Solutions (Senior Consultant). Analysis, pre-sales, coding, feasibility studies, RFI/RFP, DMS, ECM, TDMS. Project management, business analysis, design, supplier management.
- Digital Lighthouse – Project management, analysis, vendor management.
- Elsag Bailey – Consulting, analysis, development, technical document management.
- IBM / Filenet (Senior MIS Programmer Analyst, Systems Consultant). Consistently exceeded performance objectives and was termed a hotshot programmer/analyst. Analysis of real IT needs (vs. wants), design, coding, support, training, PM, feasibility analysis, RFI/RFP, BPR, DMS, ECM. ERP customizations: Manufacturing, Operations Management, Accounting, Marketing, Sales Admin, Customer Service, HR. Pre-sales consulting, account management.
- Los Angeles County Courts (Consultant). Analysis, workflow programming, imaging, traffic ticket processing application.
- Los Angeles County Department of Water & Power (Consultant). Accounts Payable document management development.
- US Computer Services / International Billing Services / Cable Data (Consultant). Analysis, design and development of a telecom billing customer service imaging/workflow/COLD solution for the largest user of the US Postal Service.
- Santa Monica Police Department (Consultant). Workflow, imaging, records info management (RIM), training of detectives.
- Cullinet Software / CA Technologies (Programmer Analyst, VAX Software Specialist). Designed, developed, maintained multi-platform (DEC, IBM, DG) large scale project & portfolio management (PPM) software.
- Silicon Valley Group / Thermco Systems / Allegheny International (Software Engineer). Designed, coded, tested, integrated, demoed real-time command & control, and process automation / robotic systems software for the R&D department of the world's largest manufacturer of semiconductor fabrication diffusion furnaces.
Additional Methodologies, Tools, Training Project Management Institute (PMP); PRINCE2; Six Sigma; Summit-D; Various System Development Lifecycles (SDLC), Agile/Scrum, Waterfall, Sashimi, Iterative, Lean, RUP/UML, RAD, GxP; RAID (risks, assumptions, issues, dependencies); Service Oriented Architecture (SOA); Commercial Off The Shelf (COTS) products; Apache Subversion (SVN), Git/GitHub, ClearCase software configuration management (SCM); DevOps processes; Atlassia JIRA, Confluence; Google “G” Suite; Microsoft Office 365, Projects, Sharepoint, Azure cloud computing platform, Visual Studio IDE, .NET, SQL, Active Directory (AD), Privileged Access Management (PAM), Exchange, Advanced Threat Analytics (ATA), Forefront Identity Manager (FIM); Oracle Java EE, J2EE, RDBMS, WebLogic, Peoplesoft HRMS/HRIS, Identity and Access Management Suite (OIAM), Rdb, Business Process Management (BPM); IBM Filenet DMS / ECM, Rational Unified Process (RUP), ClearCase & ClearQuest, (Lotus) Notes, Domino, Websphere, DB2; DELL VMware, EMC/Documentum; CA Project Portfolio Management, Identity Suite, Advanced Authentication, Single Sign-On; HP Autonomy, CDD/TDMS/DBMS32. Languages: Ada, ALGOL, Basic, C, C++, Datatrieve, DCL, Filenet Workflo, Fortran, HTML, XML, Java, Lisp, VAX MACRO-32, Pascal, PL/1, Python, Shell, SNOBOL, SQL, TI Assembly, Visual Basic; OS: Windows, Unix (Linux, HP-UX, AIX, Solaris, Ultrix), MacOS X, HP OpenVMS, Android, iOS, VMS, OS/2, MS-DOS, GCOS (Honeywell), NOS (CDC), Pick, RSX-11M, RSTS/E, TI/TMS. BYOD. Familiar with Blockchain, Nexus, Artifactory, iManage, OpenText, Sage 50&300. Mozilla open source contributor. Experience with various Artificial Intelligence (AI) technologies.
Other Experience Extensive investment research and management experience. Conception and coordination of major scientific paper endorsed by over 20 top experts in RF-EMF. National taskforce manager of a large Swiss cross-party campaign. Spearheaded research & analysis of advanced Options strategies for FINRA. Provided advice / consultancy for the following pharmaceuticals: Dendreon, Avanir, Arena, Foamix, Eisai, Zosano, including speaking at the FDA Advisory Committee; and for Lucent, EON, Sun, Provenza, Friedrich Grohe, KFA/KFT, Oak Grove School, Brockwood Park, Forgent/Asure, Beacon Power in e.g., IT, strategy, social media, data analytics, investor relations. Served as Board Member: Filenet Reunion Committee, Ojai Retreat / Cultural Center, ASK ERP user group, OC & NYC Guitar Circles. Management consulting for software startup, retail, culinary, philanthropy, non-profits. Managed PHD projects to successful completion (coach, motivate, schedule, etc.). Acting election attorney. (Winning-) Precinct manager (coordination, facilitation, recruitment, training, tracking, reporting, voter outreach). Legal consultation for various entities including very successful online retailer. College Music Lab assistant. Produced and managed musical projects. Taught programming, yoga, Feldenkrais, Alexander Technique, guitar, drums, math, music theory, English, philosophy, stress management. Owned successful businesses as a teenager. Volunteer/Editor, World Civil Society Forum, Films for the Earth, Fantoche. Published biotech research. TripAdvisor Expert Reviewer. Ghost-writer for CEOs, attorneys, Senator, MDs.
Personal, References, Credit History Hobbies: classical guitar playing, singing, writing, sports. Martial Arts Black Belt. A stellar list of references is available upon request. Biography appears in Who’s Who Worldwide, Who’s Who in California, Community Leaders of America, Men of Achievement, Five Thousand Personalities of the World, Cultural Heritage Medal of Chevalier. Credit rating: “Excellent creditworthiness”, “Ranks higher than 97.87% of consumers”; Credit Category: “Excellent”.